- Population: 101,000
- Founded in 387 B.C., which makes it over 2400 years old!
- Ancona is the capital of the Marche Region and of the Province of Ancona
- Ancona is one of three major port cities along the Adriatic Sea
General Facts about Italy
- Italy is only 1.1% Evangelical Christian
- As of 2017 60% of Italians claim to be Catholic, but less than 10% regularly attend a Catholic mass
- In the last 10 years 700,000 Italians per year have stopped identifying themselves as Catholic and have declared themselves atheists
- 80% of Italians do not read the Bible
- The majority of youth leave the Catholic Church after their confirmation, and for most families the traditional path of baptism, catechism, communion, confirmation has simply become a cultural right of passage.
- 70% of Italian cities/villages are without a viable Christian community
- A mass influx of Immigrants coming to Italy from Africa, the Middle East and Asia has opened the possibility of sharing the gospel with the nations
- A 40% unemployment rate for college students post graduation and a general economic crisis has led to much hopelessness
Italy according to www.joshuaproject.com...
- Has 65 people groups
- 12 are Least Reached Peoples (LRP's)
- 18.5% of the people groups are unreached with the Gospel of Jesus